Fun Ways to Publish Poetry Follow-Up: 50 States of Poetry Party




So this happened. Tweet Speak Poetry republished my article on fun ways to publish your poetry. The idea seems to be catching on. Tweet Speak Poetry added helpful things like a downloadable map of the United States (not this one) so that you can color in states as you go. There's also a very good list of places to publish based on how these journals treat their writers.

Now my last state is Kansas. I've sent poems to two of the three journals in the state. Last night I discovered a third one to try. Now that only one state is left (one!) I'm ready to have this chapter of my life complete. I imagine all the ways I can celebrate: a party for my friends;  a trip to a state where I've never visited for me (Hawaii, perhaps) and a possible anthology with a poem from each state. I wonder if there are other people that have done this? I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this or is in the process of trying it out.

Thanks so much  to North Dakota Quarterly and the Broadkill Review (Delaware) which both took poems of mine this Fall. It's been a very fun 18 years! And I'm not done yet...

Comments

  1. This makes me happy, Susan. We want pictures if you go to Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura! I am sending (again) to the Kansas journals today. What a wonderful holiday gift it would be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment