My New Life ~ Editor, Mentor, Poetry Private Detective

One of the aspects I love of beginning a new year is imaging myself a new person. It's not that I have any big complaints about the person I was in 2013 (besides the fact that I need to exercise more, eat less) it's just that it's very important to me to try new things. A couple of years ago I changed things up by taking my first Farris wheel ride and then paddle boarding along the Puget Sound. It was exhilarating to conquer some of my fears concerning heights and water depths.

This year my new life will consist of helping others with their poetry. I want to create more opportunities to work with other poets as an editor, mentor, and poetry private detective.

So far I have worked with poets by critiquing individual poems, editing manuscripts, consulting on which journals to send which poems to (including sending the poems out) and meeting for coffee to discuss long term creative goals. What does the life of a poet look like? How do we know when we are involved in the work we are supposed to do? What can we do to keep writing the poems, creating community, keeping the joy of discovery?

I have always dreamed of being a private detective and helping other poets create the poems and the creative life they want is exhilarating. At one point, I seriously considered becoming a therapist and so "poetry private detective" for me is a mix of therapist, editor, and poet. If I could create a new career this would be it. In fact perhaps my next business card should read:
                       
                   Susan Rich / Poet and Private Detective

If you want to learn more about my new life, please click here to see the services I offer. I am starting out slowly, taking on only a few projects at a time. Fingers crossed for a fun 2014~!

Comments

  1. This is good post and job .The poetry private detective like this private investigation whose help him any kind of cause.I will like this so much and provided .

    Thanks.

    Orlando Private Investigator

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment